1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd playback freeze problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by n4metak3n, Oct 17, 2004.

1. n4metak3n

n4metak3n Member

After using shrink and dvd decrypter, I succesfully backed up most of my dvds. And now I am realizing a small problem, I started watching some of my backups the whole way through and ALL of them stop right in the middle of playing. I tried using slower speeds but that made it worse because it wouldnt playback at all. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. And I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this board, you guys helped me save lots of dvds becoming coasters!

2. swadewade

swadewade Member

Well my friend, I too just recently posted having the same problem. Right off the bat, make sure you're not burning faster than your discs can handle (that was my problem). Also, make sure you're not "multi-tasking" while you're burning, as that's notorious for causing bad burns. And of course, rule one: use good media.
    Here's a question for the powers that be: I found that when my disks freeze, if I rewind a few secs, it'll play over the bad spot just fine (?)....what's causing that? I'm not using labels either....
    Also, when making a disk, is "multitasking" while the disc is encoding responsible for bad disks? or only when the drive is actually burning? I mean, if I'm using DVD Decrypter/Shrink, once I rip the ISO, can I assume the ISO is good, and that my disks go bad because of a bad burn only? or can things go bad during the ISO rip as well?

3. n4metak3n

n4metak3n Member

thanks for the tips but ive tried all of those and it still stops in the middle of the scene. has anyone else had this same problem?