1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd playback freezing/slow motion sporadically

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Superg79, May 4, 2004.

1. Superg79

Superg79 Member

I used dvdshrink to copy the dvd to my hard drive, then used the dvd burn software that came with me Sony 8x DVD+-RW drive to burn it to Memorex DVD+R 8x disks. Memorex seemed to be one of the more expensive disks, so I'm wondering if its a dvdshrink problem or what. It plays some of the copy fine, and parts of it freeze up or go slow-motion. I've tested 3 newer model dvd players of Various brands that all claim to support DVDR disks. Before I go out and buy the Pre-court version of a dvd burning software ($100 on ebay) or spend money on dif brand disks I was wondering what is the real problem in your opinion?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

The blank media (discs) !! I would imagine....

Try using a decent brand mentioned in DVD Media Forum here on aD & if need be perhaps reduce burn speed to X4.
    Also it could be down to you not having the latest firmware for your burner , you've not stated at all ao is of course mere speculation (and 2nd guessing)}.

Never hursts to leave indepth details ;-)

3. BrewDude

BrewDude Guest

Superg79...Memorex are hit and miss, I've personally wasted tons of money on them with some being no better than 50-60% good burns. Buy good blanks. I have had really good luck with 100count spindles from Ridata. Some are shiny on one side and some are printable. Verbatum discs are good as well.
    Good luck

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Check to see if there are slight burn blemishes on the disc after burnin that could be causing it - sometimes a lack of system resources can lead to the buffer messing up and burn issues

5. scott865

scott865 Guest

im trying to burn a copy protected dvd.i have used a dvd ripper and after it burns.it plays in my dvd player in slow motion.what could be the problem.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

IS your player fully capable of playing the disc format?

7. scott865

scott865 Guest

yeah my dvd player plays every format.cd,cdr,cdrw,dvd,dvd-r,dvdrw,mp3.could you tell me all the right good software to use to rip and play that might make the dvd play good.

8. herbsman

You are going to have to give a lot more detailed info of how you back up these DVDRs scott865... in order for us to be able to help you mate ;-)

9. scott865

scott865 Guest

im useing instantcd/dvd software to burn the dvd.but to rip it im useing dvd ripper.and im burning it on a sony dvd-r disk.that as much info as i can give yall.

10. herbsman

Well download DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter [both free] as you'll then be able to get help from virtually 75% of this DVD Forum.

Guides for both are available in guides section [InstantCD/DVD is not something I would suggest to anyone to use & as for DVD Ripper thats unknown to me because DVD Decrypter has always been able to do what I want so havent tried your aforementioned piece of software].