1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD playback problemss, Help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dalboy, Jul 31, 2002.

1. dalboy

dalboy Member

I have recently ripped From Hell using Smartripper and Ifoedit0.9. Then I burnt it using Nero.
    The playback is perfect until about Chapter 12 or 60mins into the movie. It then starts sticking briefly then playing and so on and so on.
    I have a Pioneer 104 writer.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

yes i know what you mean i am presuming that you must of crunched the movie with say rempeg and then demux on ifoedit yes so if that is so i have the same problem and I think the answer is to change the i % p % b % on the sliding scale and keep experimenting with it ( yes a very long process) try that and see

3. dalboy

dalboy Member

I ripped all files to hard drive, then used the Get VTS Sectors in Ifoedit. After which I burnt it. The movie was under 4gb so I followed the guide from where I got Ifoedit for copying DVD including Menu.

4. Snowface

Snowface Member

I've had this problem too. With a no-name dvd-r it stuttered the entire movie, with a Nashua it stuttered only when the disc was warm and say beyond 50%, but with That's Write discs absolutely no problem whatsoever. Try a different brand disc, it just might help...

5. dalboy

dalboy Member

Ok I'll try some different discs. Any idea where I can get the That's Write discs? I'm in the UK.
    Thanks

6. Vinster

Vinster Guest

I've just experienced this problem with 51st State - I got Imation to send me some "freebie" DVD-R's and this was one of them.

I burnt the DVD onto another DVD-R (Bulkpaq) and its worked fine - imho I reckon its the Imation DVD-R.

Hope it helps

PS - I'm in the UK too :)

7. dalboy

dalboy Member

Thanks, trouble is I'm already using Bulkpaq DVD-R's

8. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Maybe media with your set top?

I just burnt 51st state again on another Imation, and it did the same thing - got to chapter 7 and then stuck, went blocky, stuck and stopped.

Burnt two Bulkpaqs and I do not have a single problem.

9. dalboy

dalboy Member

I'll try some different media. I was given a White Label DVD-R with a movie on which worked fine. I guess I'll try one of those to see if it helps. Thanks

10. dalboy

dalboy Member

Got the White Label Discs and they work fine now. Bargain at 90p a disc.
    Thanks to everyone for their help.