1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dhop11, Mar 6, 2005.

1. dhop11

dhop11 Member

i have an older apex dvd player and a brand new sony dvd player that says it plays all types of disks + - rw r the problem after burning with x copy or dvd shrink the dvd will play but it stutters in both players stops and starts plays 15 min the hangs up and starts back but in the computer the whole movie plays fine ? any suggestions??

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your symptoms,point to either cheap media,or burning too fast,or both.Use good media like taiyo yuden, maxell, verbatim, or ritek.If your using cheap stuff,dont burn any faster than 4x.
    good luck
    jD

3. dhop11

dhop11 Member

problems were with maxell and teon also fuji did seem to be a little better is there any hacking a gain advancing needed in the dvd player itself or is there a way seem like the player just cant read the media??

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you putting label's on these disks?

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

i have 2 sony dvd players and have yet see either one of them have trouble with a disc (over 1000).

you still didn't say how fast you are burning. take earlier advice and slow it down
    also no multitasking during encoding and burning
    what program are you burning with?

6. dhop11

dhop11 Member

ok no labels put on disk

burned with dvd shrink and nero both result in same problems multiskating i dont knoe what that is i am usually copying dvd into a dvd r

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Mulitasking is doing other things on your computer, while encoding, and burning, is taking place....thats a big no no!!

8. dhop11

dhop11 Member

i have noticed the silver disk seem alittle better than the gold ones on any brand...

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not exactly sure what we are talking about there as I have only seen purple dye on DVD R media?

dhop11,
    It could just be you old Apex player does'nt like the media you are feeding it. If it plays fine on the computer this is more than likely the case. If you get a chance try the disk's out on another player (a buddies if you don't have one) just to be sure, but if your Apex is older as you say it may be time for a new DVD player. you can pick up the elchepo ones from WalMart for around $40 and they will play just about anything.. :)

10. dhop11

dhop11 Member

yes you are rite all have the purple dye on what i call the bottom read side but what i was referring too was the top side ive seem gold and silver was just thinking that the silver top disk seem to work a little better, just bought a new dvd player a cybehome and the movie still plays the same wy eevn with the new player i am puzzled now??

my dvd recorder can it be daisy chained or should it be a direct mother board connection??? could this be a pproblem but like i said all movies play fine on computer??

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This can only be one thing. Bad Media... OK maybe 2 how much compression is on those backup's?

12. dhop11

dhop11 Member

ok the movie i have a lot of trouble is life with ed murphy it has no compression but the dvd is full to the max..

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the method you are using to back up your movie? What programs and steps?

14. dhop11

dhop11 Member

dvd x copy copy disk to hard drive then burn with nero 6 ripping everything but the movie...

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink combined.. Decrypter is better equiped to rip movies. Use the ScubaPete guide at my website the link is in my signature.. :)

16. dhop11

dhop11 Member

hey guys just downloaded this burning software from this forum here called gear and it burned my dvd with no problem no skips or nothing..

thanks for all the help