1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Playback.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Excko, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Excko

Excko Member

Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a jam. I have a slim ps2 hooked up via component cables (cheap mad catz cable bought at wal-mart) to my television which is a JVC AV-27432. Games will work just fine. The problem lies with DVD playback.

When I try to watch a DVD, I will simply get a plain no signal blue screen on my television. I know that my television does not support progressive scan so I double checked in the ps2 settings to make sure that progressive scan was turned off. Also, when I plug the ps2 to my TV via the normal connectors (yellow, red and white), DVD playback works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

did u change the settings from RGB to the other one.

3. Excko

Excko Member

Yes I did because games are working fine.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

The cables should not effect DVD playback at all. Mine runs through component cables and both games and movies play fine. Although the PS2 can be sort of glitchy when it comes to DVD playback. Your best bet is to spend a little and buy a cheap DVD player. It will save laser life on your PS2 and have better playback. Depending on what features you want in a DVD player you can get one as cheap as $30 at newegg.com

Personally i spent a little more because i wanted playback of DVD+R and DVD-R along with playback for DivX (AVI) files.

PS> Does your system have a mod chip? Some mod chips have different modes that you need to enable for DVD playback.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  5. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

If it does have a modchip, you might try booting with a disable mode before watching a movie.

6. Excko

Excko Member

It does have a mod chip. I'll try disabling the mod chip. It's worth a try. Thanks for the hint.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

if you know what mod chp it is then post it and someone may be able to tell you if it has different boot modes for games and DVD's

8. Excko

Excko Member

If I am not mistaken, it is a matrix MX4

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007