1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Not Reading Discs

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jmkjmk, Mar 23, 2005.

1. jmkjmk

jmkjmk Member

I've got a problem with a cheap DVD player I picked up. When I first got it, I would put a DVD in and it wouldn't read it, the display showed "No Disc". But to solve that, I just put it in again or a few more times, and it would work fine. A few months later, no matter how many times I put in the DVD, it just does not play, I keep getting the "No Disc" error. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this problem? I really have no idea, but I was thinking that you might have to clean the lens, with a product like this http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr..._id=0665000FS10021792&catid=10684&newdeptid=2 Is that a possible solution? Thanks in advance.

2. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Why dont you take it back to the store or call the manufacturer. You may require an upgrade.

3. Webuser

Webuser Member

Are you putting original discs in? If not then it could well be the media not the dvd player. The most common problems with dvd players not playing is down to the brand of disc.
    So need to know whether or not you are using original dvd's? If you are then like rjessa said, It shouldnt be your problem, its the stores.

4. jmkjmk

jmkjmk Member

I'm putting original DVD's in (all these DVD's used to work on this same player). The store won't take it back, and the manufacturer will not reply to their emails anymore. I could ship it back to the manufacturer, but I honestly don't think it's worth the shipping cost. I guess I shouldn't be buying cheap items, but I figured I would at least be able to get it fixed if it broke down :(