1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player not reading

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dahab, Mar 6, 2003.

1. dahab

dahab Guest

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-274. It has a DVD/CDR combo drive.

Everything played fine for about 7-8 months, then suddenly the player stopped reading DVD's. Audio CDs still play fine.

Ive been reading up on this but haventfound any definative solutions. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe it could be a software conflict.

Any imput is appreciated.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I had the same problem, it just locked up but then I installed WinXP pro and it just woke up or something!

3. TokyoPete

TokyoPete Guest

Try clenaing the DVD section of the combo and also clean the CD/RW laser disk with a proper cleaner. This often clears up the problems with the DVD not being seen properly.
    Try removing the DVD unit via my computer props Device manager then reboot. It should automatically reinstall itelf.
    If that doesn't solve it, try reflashing the DVD ROM with the manufacturer's rom flash programme.
    Yuo can also try changing the cable connecting the unit to the motherboard.
    Lastly, try re-installing the DVD player's software programme.
    No joy, send it to the repair shop.

4. Autumn

Autumn Member

Although i posted above for the sony dvd burner, id imagine theirs the possibility of the aspi files messing up other drives, this could be something you can try in you recently installed the aspi 4.7 files