1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player not setup when running game

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RoidRidley, Jun 16, 2016.

1. RoidRidley

RoidRidley Newbie

OK, i am sorry if this exists somehow, but i searched all over for this and haven't found a darn thing, so i apologize if i didn't search hard enough, but enough with that, let's get to my main issue.
    So, i have a modded ps2 (softmoded or hardmodded, i don't know, and i don't know how to check, not relevant to this topic, i guess), and i decided to try to burn some .isos of games on dvds. I bought 10 blank dvd discs at a local tech store, and set about burning at my friends (my dvd driver stopped working) and once i finished i was excited to go back home and play the games that i burnt! Unfortunately, we can't have nice things, and as soon as i put in the DVD's (they're dvd-r's x16, 4.7 gb by Xwave) a message came that said "DVD player not setup". Now i have some games that my friend gave me (that are burned), and they run just fine, just put the disc in and viola, works perfectly, but these, these gave me the dreaded "dvd player not setup" message. I'd like to know why, thanks a bunch!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member