1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tfamok, Jan 1, 2008.

1. tfamok

tfamok Member

i have never had a problem converting movies before,but when i convert and burn Gladiator[Extended.Edition]DvDrip.AC3[Eng]-aXXo everything seems fine,it plays fine on my p.c but when i try to play it in any standalone dvd player the first 3 seconds play then it starts over again and this just keeps repeating itself.this has also happened with another movie before but i cannot remeber what one it was as i just threw it in the bin.
    i convert video file using"Avi2Dvd" and i have "K-Lite Codec Pack" installed.
    i am pulling whats left of my hair out here.
    please please help.
    thank you

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. tfamok

tfamok Member

really weird.took your advice and used dvd flick,my backed up dvds which didnt play before now play fine.Dont really know why this is though,wont play properly when burned with avi2dvd,some do though.used to burn with dvdflick but every couple of dvds where flickering and jumping,now im just worried that if i go with dvdflick again i will get the same problem as before.man my head hurts.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, don't know why.
    Anyway, don't use poor quality media, don't burn too fas( X8 maximum);don't multitask during conversion/burning;keep your PC clutter-free(defrag, use something like CCCleaner to clean the junk from registry...).
    DVD Fick has always worked for me( is the only AVI to DVD converter that I use; most of my AVIs are in foreign languages and I need subs, and the Flick is great at that). I encode "High Quality"-2 pass, and I am very pleased with the results.