1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Recommendations

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Nukular, Dec 5, 2005.

1. jimdish25

jimdish25 Guest

Thanks for all the good advice. I too am now looking for a new deck after wondering if it was all my fault that the Sony DVP-S560D that I had been using rarely over the years couldn't play jack. It would lock, skip, and error C: 13 ??? constantly and I thought it must have been the media. Come to find out they played fine in cheaper models. Little did I know that another faulty Sony model had been dumped on an unknowing public and they have been sued in more than 1 country for it.

Anyway, I'll take your advice and head to Best Buy tomorrow for the LG. Thanks.

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

look for the LG LDA-511...
    use reward zone bucks if you got em.... they always help, and if your not a member, pay for the card, like 9 bucks i think ,then use it every time you purchase from them too add your points, they add up to $$$ in the end, the more you buy, the more you get back... kinda like discover card!

3. Culchie

Culchie Regular member

I'm glad I waited a couple of days to make my final decision. I just got the LG LDA-511 at Circuit City for $150 with a $30 mail in rebate. That was the icing on the cake. Thanks for all the help. Hope this info helps someone out, before they pay more elsewhere.

4. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

Guess what? I swear by the 511 and 418 (I have both) the DVP642 sucks, I had one for about 7 months and got tired of all the avi files it would not or could not play. I'm with gear on the 511, get one-you won't be sorry!!

5. gear79

gear79 Guest

me and zrdb are gonna start the official LG LDA-511 thread supporter page !!!! lol

6. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

If there is a better xvid/divx player out there I'll find it eventually, but for now the 511 is king of the hill.