1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Standards ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mkantrim, May 13, 2003.

1. mkantrim

mkantrim Guest

Are there or will there be any standards as far as DVD playability ? For instance a DVD I copied and burned will play fine in my Pioneer player,but won't in my Tosiba player using +R media.And another -R disc will not play in other players,where it will play in both of my players. It really stinks that there are no standards in place.As of now,all that I know is that it's hit or miss,so in other words if your player wont't play it,get a different one !

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I don't think you should get an other player. Most of what I have read is that the DVD minus is most compatible.
    About standards, it has gone on too long with multiples and companies love money. So I don't think there will be a standard format. Rather I predict future players will compromise and play everthing not to be under cut. All ready seems like a lot of companies are making combo burneres, give it time and there will be more players to play all formats.