1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player starts skipping half way through the movie

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bjenkins, Mar 14, 2005.

1. bjenkins

bjenkins Member

I recently burned DVD files(vob, ifo, and bup) onto a DVD+R. When I watched it on my JVC DVD player it played fine untill about half way through the movie.

About half way the movie starts distorting, skipping, and the pixels get all screwed up, along with the sound.

This has happened with more than one of my movies. The movies play fine on my computer DVD Player so I'm not sure what the problem is. I used Nero to burn the DVDs.

If anyone could help me or give me information on this I would appreciate it very much

thanks

2. dpwhite1

dpwhite1 Member

I have the same problem. They play on my computer drive just fine but my home DVD players I have problems. I was hoping to find a solution here.

3. cshaun1

cshaun1 Member

Did any of you find out the answer to this problem. I am having the same problem. I have tryed four different dvd players. Ones that even play dvd rw mp3 ect. It's almost like the writing process in not going into the dvd deep enough, or the dvd player laser does not like compression. Let me know if you find something out.

Shaun

4. dpwhite1

dpwhite1 Member

I can use no labels and must burn at 4x speed for best results. Use Good media too! All of these things seems to have solved my problem.

5. colw

colw Active member

Use quality media - Ritek, Verbatim, TY's etc.

Do not burn too fast - max 4X recommended.

Do not use labels on burnt DVD's.