1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player will only play MPEG2 - do I need to convert files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by heywally, Nov 20, 2004.

1. heywally

heywally Member

I am using "DVD Decrypter - The Ultimate DVD Ripper" to decrypt, DVD2one130 to compress and Record Now Max to burn. I am using DVD-R Memorex 8X discs. I have a Marantz DV4400 DVD player. When I go to play the burned disc in my Marantz, I get an error message. My DVD user guide says that the player can only play mpeg2 files. How can I burn my DVDs into .mpeg2 files? Thank you....this is killing me!!

2. brobear

brobear Guest

BTW, what was the error message? Little things like that are important, as that is the problem.

I noticed you are using 8X media. Most people including myself recommend not burning over 4X due to possible burn errors. Memorex is not one of the better brands anymore. You do have the correct type for your player, -R.

Just to check to see if you are just having software problems, download and run DVD Shrink, it's free and a good app. Good guides at http://www.dvdshrink.info . You can get a free trial download of Nero at their website. Unlimited number of 30 day trials by the way. This is one of the more trouble free recording solutions and should tell if your problem is with your current software.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Normally, the setup you are using doesn't cause format problems if you're recording factory discs. If you're wanting to change something other than factory DVDs, then you may want to go to the advanced section in DVD authoring and ask them for the apps and methods to do file conversions. It sounded as though you were wanting to record factory DVD movies though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004