1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player with DivX

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bobmc79, Apr 27, 2011.

1. bobmc79

bobmc79 Member

I bought a Toshiba SD2010 a few months ago, partly due to the fact that it plays DivX and Xvid files. It plays off the USB disc fine, but I just burned a DVD disc of ER for my missus, but it won't load, just says "Bad Disc". Plays fine on our laptops, and reads on my PS3, but we got this for the bedroom so that stuff I download could be easily stored.

I've searched all night for a solution, to see if I'm burning the disc wrong or something, but I can't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

If it helps, the discs are DVD+R, burned through Windows Vista via drag and drop. I've done loads of these discs with downloaded stuff, so hoping that I can do something easy to sort this, rather than re-do everything.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Do you have a DVD movie that has been burned to a DVD+R which plays ok on the standalone.
    The alternative would be to get a blank DVD-R and burn an avi to see if the machine accepts it.
    Another - but unlikely - problem would be to verify that the AVI file resolution is no larger than 756 x 480.
    MediaInfo can check that.

3. bobmc79

bobmc79 Member

Just before I went to bed, I stumbled across a thread somewhere in internet land which solved it. Seems the Vista burning process doesn't do the job. Re-done with Nero, and it worked fine. Just need to see if I can do something about the spindle of discs I had burned BEFORE I found out about this! Haha.

Thanks anyways.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

same here but my philips hates xvid.