1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player won't play vcd?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sbeckham, Jan 8, 2003.

1. sbeckham

sbeckham Member

I have 1 diff. dvd players, and one doens't play my vcds or even burned audio cds. is there a way to program my dvd player to play my vcds? or am i just out of luck.

2. Kenspy

Kenspy Member

Get out the manual to the DVD player and make sure that it plays VCDs to begin with...if you do not have the manual, I would suggest going to the manufacturers website and see if the manual is online.

If you have checked that already and it is VCD compatible, the encoding could be incorrect. If you are in Europe, they use PAL encoding on a VCD. In the United States, NTSC encoding is used. You need to find out the version your DVD player accepts (if it accepts VCDs).

The problem could also lie with your burning of the file. I would suggest using Nero to burn the file, and select the corresponding option to make sure it is properly burned onto the CD-R or CD-RW.

3. sbeckham

sbeckham Member

thanks i'll try that now.