1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player wont read back up copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gravegod, Aug 27, 2004.

1. gravegod

gravegod Member

What's up guyz, hopefully you can help me out with my problem. I recently discovered DVD Shrink to backup my dvd movies since most of mine are pretty scratched. I read the guides and succesfully backed up 3 movies so far. Yesterday I tried backing up my Rush Hour 2 dvd which is huge (approx. 7.xx GB's). Well I decided to only back up the movie part of it. I click on Re-Author and it gives me a huge list of what's on the disk. Well the first 3 dvd's I backed up successfully had only 1 Title1 under the Main Movie heading. Rush Hour had 2. Both were identical with the same amount of duration and size. I looked at both and they were same so I dediced to keep the one that had more extras (i.e. English Subtitles, DTS 5.1, Director's Commentory, etc) since I had space on the disk. If anyone of you have the dvd I believe its Title2 that has more stuff. The compression was 100% with all the additions. I hit Backup and did the whole routine and finally got a ISO Image of it. As usual I used DVD Decrypter/Alcohol 120% to burn the Image (dont remember which one I used to do it). Well I put the copy in the dvd player and all it shows is the title in the DVD Menu Screen. It says Rush_Hour_2 then displays Incompatible disk (please insert a disk blah blah blah).

Today I tried backing up another movie and it did the same thing. Is my version of DVD SHrink expired or am I missing anything. I had backed up 3 dvd's so far successfully with the same instructions.

Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong, or is it my hardware? Comments/Suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

P.S. Sorry bout the long write up.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When you hit reauthor all you need to do is drag the main movie into the window to the left. You'll notice it because it's in the middle and it's the largest file in the collection.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

This also might help:

http://www.videohelp.com/

On the left side under list you will see DVD Players. After you click on that you will have to enter the name and Model # of the DVD Player. Then see what other media others are using and if they have any problems w/ the blank media.

In Shrink lower left side you will see the preview window. Play each movie in that and you will be able to determine which movie is fullscreen and whch is widescreen. Then you can back up the version you want.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you're burning an ISO file, try using DVD Decrypter it will burn ISO files.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  5. gravegod

gravegod Member

thanks for replying guyz i appreciate it. Anywayz guess what both those movies work now. dont ask me how and why now but they work now so I'm happy. But what pissed me off was the error message I kept gettin. I kept saying Incompatible disk only when I inserted these two movies in there. I know that my dvd player is compatible with the disks I use coz I already tried 3 before and they work. I think its these disks that are giving me trouble (Imations DVD-R i.e. Rigetek03). I got some complementary disks from newegg when I purchased my dvd burner and they were Rigetek04 which worked flawlessley. Anywayz, what I did was flip around my Progressive Scan and Regular Setting switch when I got pissed off and bam it started playing it. I dont know why but it did and I'll have to see if I have to mess with that thing again to play these.

Thanks for recommending the help.