1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Players

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shimq1, Jan 4, 2004.

1. shimq1

shimq1 Member

Is there a list of DVD Players that can't play SVCDs? I have a Sony DVD Player.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

3. shimq1

shimq1 Member

I went to that website mainly to check if my
    Sony DVP-NS315 would play SVCDs. One person said that u could with a trick: "It does play svcds and xsvcds but only if you do the vcd header trick." How do I do this?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you Basicly do with the VCD Header trick is to fool your Player into thinking the SVCD is actually a VCD or XVCD you Do this By running the SVCD Mpeg2 file through Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" with the "Video-CD NON-Standard" setting in the Drop Down Menu ,This Just copy"s the SVCD file but it puts a VCD header on the File and it re-Muxes the File useing the VCD Mux rate..Some poeple say to Put the SVCD file through the Multiplex But this can cause Buffer Underflows..After adding the VCD Header you Just Burn the SVCD file as a VCD with Nero or VCDEasy...Give it a try...I have a Sony DVP-NS325 which is just a Modell a Bit newer than yours and it Plays everything...well good luck