1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd playing really slow for the first part of the movie

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by justburn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. justburn

justburn Member

Hey all,

I've just started backing up my dvd's and after finally getting Nero to appear in my back up target selection I'm having trouble with the actual dvd once it's finished.

I put it in the dvd and it starts up fine. Loads automatically and starts but it plays really slow frame by frame likes it's on slow motion or step by step mode (Please note: It's NOT on step mode. I checked!!! Hahaha) I couldn't understand why this occured so I backed up the dvd once again and the same thing happened. Now I left the dvd in the player and later when I came back the dvd was playing fine. Normally speed. Full audio. I was jumping around the room. So I go back to the beginning and once again it plays in slow motion. I found out that it plays fine about 30mins into the movie.

Does anyone know why or how I can fix it?

The process I take is open dvd shrink, burn using nero and that's it. The dvd+r is immaculate right out of the case.

Thanks in advance peoples.

Cheers

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

What Movie?
    What kind of media are you using?
    what are your system specs?
    Did you change any settings in DVD Shrink?

3. justburn

justburn Member

It's Happy Gilmour
    Using an internal LG DVD rom and an external Sony DVD rom
    Computer is a P4 on windows XP
    Haven't changed any settings. Installed. Open. Burn.

Thanks for replying by the way! ;)

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sean5775 asked what media are you burning? We need to know the brand name of those dvd+r's.

Burning poor media and too fast can cause these problems. Just after you hit the backup options tab,the furthest right tab is where you set your burn speed.4x is about par for this course. When you get a little more experience with a quality branded media,then you can expirament with 8x and above.With poor media,you may have to go as low as 2.4x to have them viewable in your stand alone player.

Media is the most important part of dvd burning. The cheap stuff can really mess you up and the problems magnefy when you play those backups on your stand alone players.If they play at all,they have to have a slower burn speed to help with the freezing,pixellating,jumping,skipping and many more problems that are too numerous to mention.