1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD plays fine in one player but freezes in another

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by McHale, Mar 4, 2004.

1. McHale

McHale Member

Hi,
    I have made some copies of an authored DVD. I'm using RecordNow DX on a Sony DRU510A burner. I have used several different media brands (memorex, starlogic, imation), -R's. Each of these copies play fine in one of my DVD players. In my other (older) DVD player they will play the first few minutes and then freeze up and quit. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the burning process? What can I do to fix the problem?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. Some players just don't like burned media. Try the discs in as many players as you can and see what you get.

You might also give Ritek media a shot - it's really good stuff and highly compatible.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi McHale,

You may just own a DVD player that is not compatible with burned discs. Have you tried both -R and +R media?

Go here, http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and find your player and see if its compatible with the media you are using.

Try your disc in other players, if they play in three or four other players then that would suggest that your player is suspect.

You may also want to get this tool and check your discs for read errors:

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Cheers,
    Frank

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Neph,

You beat me again!

Looks like we be thinkin alike!