1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd plays pc burnt dvds in black and white

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by feebee76, Apr 25, 2007.

1. feebee76

feebee76 Member

Hi,
    can anyone help me please? I have dvds I have burnt on my pc and when \I try to play them on my sony dvd player they are black and white! My dvd player is about 5 years old but has hardly been used and normal dvds play fine in colour! any help appreciated!! Thanx

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Almost sounds like a PAL vs.NTSC thing.

3. feebee76

feebee76 Member

hi,thanx for replying but not sure what u mean!! I understand what pal format etc but not sure what u mean!! Not sure if this helps but I do dvds on my computer onto dvd-r but when i play them there are black and white. I have another dvd which wont paly dvds that have been done on a pc so i know its not this! What is stumping me is i have given identical dvds to my sister and they work fine and in colour on hers!!!

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Are you NTSC? Do the DVD's play right on the computer? You player software should show somewhere (Options-> Information) what the resolution is. For NTSC it should say 720x480. If it says x576 it's PAL. Some folks players can handle PAL, ones that can't will show a no color pic.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

If they play fine on your sister's DVD player and your player is about 5 years old then I'm willing to bet that it's a problem with your player and not with you DVDs. You can get a new player that will play pretty much anything pretty cheap--just make sure that you read what the player is compatible i.e. DVD-R etc.

6. feebee76

feebee76 Member

Thanx for replying. Yes, i will get a new dvd and i will read the instructions carefully before buying! Thanks for your help