1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bilkido, Apr 30, 2003.

1. bilkido

bilkido Member

Hi to all I have been backing up my collection of films onto dvd with great result.Recently however the same movies which worked perfect have now started freezing and have a lot of blockiness.Most of the problems happen from about half way onwards.I use a pioneer dv350 which has been perfect until now.Any ideas?Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What are you using to backup the dvds?

3. bilkido

bilkido Member

HI again the software that I use but not necessarily at the same time are:-smart ripper
    maestro or spruce up and cce 2.50 for encoding.I have a pioneer 104 for burning and used Datasafe classic gen3 discs.thanks again.

4. Dela

One thing I dont understand is did you mean, that your already burn disks are starting to freeze or just new disks you create?

5. bilkido

bilkido Member

HI again sorry if I didn,t make myself clear.The discs that have started playing up I created months ago and like I said they played flawlessly until now.I heard somewhere about disc rot could this be the case here?Thanks again.

6. Dela

Ah ye, i'd say its the disks, it couldnt be anything to do with the computer!!