1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd problems fixed with HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pandaxx, Nov 30, 2004.

1. pandaxx

pandaxx Member

Hey, my copies of GTA SA, Kaido Battle 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 all have disc reading problems, gta and kaido battle fail to load the roads sometimes, metal gear solid just keeps asking for a disc, and i was wondering if i put the .ISOs of the games on the HDD, would i still have these problems? The games are supposvly all 100% compatible with HD Loader, and i just ordered copy. Thanks in advance

2. gellen

gellen Member

i'm thinking of buying a hd loader and i was wondering if it was compatable with my messiah mod chip. do you know of any sites that might let me know of any probs as all or most of my games are back ups. Thanks

3. neco2049

neco2049 Member

If you have good copies of the games to start with, backup or original it should work to install on the HDD, and run alot faster when loading from disc. However if you are installing from a backup, youll need a way to actually boot this in your ps2, via modchip or fliptop.
    The easiest way to install any game onto the HDD and use it with HD advance is through a PC, connect the HDD to a spare cable and use winiip or hdl dump and install directly from a disc in your pc(original or backup) or directly from a image on your pc(iso,nrg,bin,ect).

4. pandaxx

pandaxx Member

thanks for the advice. I got a flip top already. I think the messiah chip might work, im not to sure about that

5. gellen

gellen Member

cheers mate, thanks for your help.