1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by canucker, Nov 2, 2004.

1. canucker

canucker Member

Ok I use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, both new version to back-up my dvd's. Twice now they stop working about halfway when i try to watch them. Mist of them work great, but is their a specific problem that can fix this? could it be a scratch in the original dvd? any help is much appreciated.

2. antons

antons Member

If there was any read errors in decrypter. Then the original disc may be the problem.

If there where errors in DVDShrink, it may be the probem.

But it is most likely that the burn is the problem, that is, either the media or the burner or software used? What software and media are you using?

Using f.ex. WinDVD you can right-click, in the menu select source-dvd from folder, and select the "ready to burn" from DVDShrink, here you can try your shrinked and ripped DVD BEFORE you burn them.

I would guess either your media or computer setup is the problem.

3. canucker

canucker Member

hi thanks for the reply. I use Nero, i dont use the dvd shrink burner as it seems to lock up for frequently. Well their is no read errors in decrypter, but when i watch a burned dvd it stops in the middle and kind of stutters the rest of the movie. Like i said its only been on 2 of the many i have done, so maybe its just a fluke, as i cant see the difference between the one that screwed up and the ones that work fine in regards to piracy laws and such. I use tdk dvd +r media, i have always and like i said 99% of the time they work awesome.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  4. antons

antons Member

Since you have nero (b.t.w. dvd shrink uses nero burning engine..) you should have nero DVD-CD speed. Please do read test in NERO CD-DVD speed. That should show smooth lines, like on a disc that work's (do read test on both a disc that work's and the bad disc's) If you can't see difference on working and none working disc, then please try the disc on another DVD player - it may be failing.

Are the failing disc's any longer (in minutes) than the disc's that work?

Are they fo different media brand?

5. canucker

canucker Member

No they dont appear longer, i cant find this dvd-cd speed program, where is it?

6. antons

antons Member

It should be under the nero program folder in the start button. Undir "nero toolbox"

You can also use dvdinfopro http://www.dvdinfopro.com/ with similare results

7. canucker

canucker Member

Ok i found it, alright ill do a test, if i find a problem with the one that it isnt working, how can i solve it, just reburn it again?

8. antons

antons Member

Yes, just re-burn. You cannot fix broken disc's