1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Producing

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Yulyo, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Yulyo

Yulyo Member

Hello everybody.
    I have a short question.
    Does anybody knows how much costs a dvd producing machine? I do't wanna burn dvd i want to produce them.
    Thanx a lot.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well that means you need a DVD moulder like this:

[​IMG]

And a bonder:

[​IMG]

A combo machine puts out a DVD-5 every 4.5 seconds:

[​IMG]

This thing here is used and makes a DVD-9 every 4.7 seconds. They have it on sale. They don't list the prices but these things gotta be expensive.

[​IMG]

Here are some other interesting items:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get in touch with these folks:

http://www.omrg.com.au/dvd.php

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

im guessing you could buy a nice house for the price of one of those units. those pictures fasfrank posted up, the actual machines seem massive. but, hey, if you are going to go into the DVD-PRODUCING industry, i wish you the best of luck. i own a production company, but i don't PRODUCE the actual dvds myself, we still purchase from another company that produces the dvds we put our films on. please let us know if you ever get a quote on the actual PRICE of one of those machines, i would suspect it to be well over $100k USD; i might be lowballing it considerably, but, that is about how much i would pay for the machine, considering you have to purchase the raw materials to actually bond and make the dvds using that machine. but good luck on producing dvds, maybe i'll buy my blanks from you if you get it up and running in the near future :) assuming you will give me a discount for being behind your idea from it's early inception stages~ :) have a good one.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I actually had a lot of fun researching this. These machines are not only expensive but require a support facility to house them in. A clean room environment, etc. Your basic Hi Tech factory! If Yulyo or anyone else decides to go for it I can help!

I figure that you could get the machines needed by leasing them after showing some type of track record financially. Of course once you get them you have to get some customers...

This is more reasonable for an individual:

[​IMG]

Looking at what it actually costs to have your DVD made by an existing company, that would be the way to go. A few thousand dollars will give you several thousand copies.

Trying to compete in the blank recordable media market might be a little tougher. Those companies have been around for years, a lot of what they do is proprietary so it would be an up-hill battle all the way.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  5. Yulyo

Yulyo Member

Hy everyone.
    First of all, thanx a lot for the replies.
    Second of all...there's a lot of money.:)
    I have about half of them, but i'm still waiting. I'll write to those guys with the machines. Maybe..
    Ok, now a question for kivory666: let's say i wanna buy some cds ort dvds from your company. what prices do you have. and where are you from. i'm form romania. i have found a company in china that produces dvds and cdrs. a cdr costs 0,03$ and a dvd...i forgot.something around 0,9$.
    thanx again for the interes.
    have a nice week

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i think perhaps you read my response incorrectly, i own a production company, i do NOT sell blank dvds or have any way to produce them. my company BUYS blank dvds from another manufacturer to put our films on them, not the other way around :p

i am not exactly sure what you need, but, my company does not manufacture dvds or cds, we only put our films on the purchased blank dvds and then resell w/ our copyrighted product to the public. but we in no way, shape or form, have the capabilities to actually manufacture the dvds/cds that you are looking for. i think fasfrank might be of more assistance to you, i can not supply you with the machinery nor the raw materials to make a blank dvd. hope that clears things up a bit~ have a good one