1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD protection?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by myrak94, Aug 16, 2004.

1. myrak94

myrak94 Guest

Hey Folks,

I've just bought a DVD-Writer MegaSTOR 6-in-1 8x DVD+R, 32x CD-R, 4x DVD+RW, 16x CD-RW, 12x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM. I'm pretty new to this whole DVD Writing thing having a little trouble. I've been reading some of the treads on here lately. I'm having trouble with backing up a few DVD's I own. I'm using DVD Shrink. My very first DVD I backed up works fine, It plays on my computer DVD Drive along with the TV DVD player in my living room. The other three DVD+R's I made the last night arn't working on my TV set just on the computer DVD drive. Could this be 1.DVD protection on movies, 2. I'm not keeping the files size below 4400K, or is their something else wrong? I'm using Sony DVD+R 4x. Also I was looking for Dual Layerd 8.5GB DVD's Anyone know where I can find those at? and how much they cost?

Thanks a lot guys!
    - Ry

Dell Dimension 2400
    Intel P4 2.20Ghz 512 DDR SD-RAM 333Mhz, Intel 3D 64MB Video,

2. myrak94

myrak94 Guest

DVD Shrink, Should I be backing up the DVD as a Image ISO file or Hard Disk Video & Audio Folders? Not sure if the first movie I burn't was a ISO or Folder file. Hum.... ** Nods Head ***

Any one have an idea?

3. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

What are you using to burn? I'm new to shrink (a converted xcopy fanatic) and I love it. I use decrypter and as I understand it, it will only burn iso image files. I've been testing it all week and so far everything is great. Also need an aspi layer for decrypter, if you have xp..it doesn't have one. I installed aspi v1.8 and everything went smoothly. I hope I'm not giving you bogus info here,as I said I'm an xcopy convert.

4. myrak94

myrak94 Guest

I'm just using Dvd shrink along with Nero to burn it.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Use shrink with nero, you shouldn't have any problems, and you DO need to keep your size below 4400, in fact I use 4280 to keep from burning to the edge where the discs get handled the most.

As far as DL media-supermedia store has DL discs for 9.00 each(that's the cheapest I've seen). Shrink with nero will burn DL media, you must go into edit in shrink to preferences, and in the drop down menu under target DVD size choose DVD9 or custom and type in 8120(or so).

One thing, you must have a dual layer burner to burn dual layer discs not just dual format.

Most of this forum prefers Ritek G04(or verbatim) for their burning needs, you can get those at Meritline for .50 to .60 ea w/free shipping.