1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD PS2 game to CD

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by 50Barz, Oct 10, 2004.

1. 50Barz

50Barz Member

hello i just downloaded a PS2 game that was an ISO and it was about 4 GIg i was wondering if somone can send me a guide on how to conver that and put it on one CD-r thanks :)

2. Bren420

Bren420 Member

To let you know your not going to get much help sence downloading and burning games without the original is illegal and im sure no matter what the compression of a 4GB ISO your never going to get it to fit on one CD-R. DVD would be the only way to achive this.

3. 50Barz

50Barz Member

i meant i baught a ps2 game its nhl 2005 and i want to back it up to a CD-r anyway to do that?

4. Bren420

Bren420 Member

Haha im sure.. But anyway no there is no possible way, no matter how much you try it is still a 4GB file and a CD-R is only 700MB. It will never work, if you use a DVD-R thats a differant story.

I know there is a few games out there (downloaded) that are under 700MB for the XBOX but not sure about the PS2.

5. 50Barz

50Barz Member

6. Bren420

Bren420 Member

There maybe a possible way to burn PS2 games but guess what? This is definitly not it. I think you should read before you speak. If you read the big BOLD letters it says PS-ONE not PS2. Any PS-ONE games are burnt onto CD-R's not DVD's.

Read first then correct me!

7. 50Barz

50Barz Member

it works with ps2 games a while back i used a ps2 game and backed it up to a cd-r and btw yes u can download cd-r games from the internet that are ps2

8. dud0r

dud0r Member

You're looking for a ripkit or a rip program, i suggest try out alucard.cc and mabye ps2ownz.com.
    if you use a slide card or fliptop you'll need breaker pro to boot it.

@Bren420: it is possible to make a cd game of a dvd game, it's called a dvdRIP.

9. 50Barz

50Barz Member

yes i am looking for a way to rip the game and make it smaller IE: take out some videos and exetera i will look for that website u gave me :)

10. josieu

josieu Member

Hi guys,
    can you share a little light on the issue of how to burn ps2 games can any of you knid people give me the light on how to go a burn these things. thanks

11. jpnevo

jpnevo Member

dude all you got to do is just like burning normal music or movie. It use the same process.

12. ozzydaman

ozzydaman Guest

Hey 50Barz can u plz tell me what site u downloaded a game from or did u use p2p? thanks!