1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by deadly, Feb 14, 2002.

1. deadly

deadly Member

"There's no very easy way for that one. Basically you still need to rip the DVD using DVD ripper like SmartRipper and then you need to decode the VOBs to MPEG-2 video.

After that you need to author the DVD with some DVD authoring tool like SpruceUp and burn to the DVD with Nero or similiar DVD-R supporting tool.

Problem is that current recordable DVD formats only allow you to have 4.7GB on one disc and therefor you normally can't fit any extras to the disc as normal DVD-Video movies are either in flipper or dual layer format and have more than 4.7GB on them"

I GOT THat FROM SomEother Thread, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS, If you do the Above Methodd, WILL You lose QUALITY, Sound, and BY How MUCH? Second question is, is it possible to copy dvd movies 1:1, for example I want to copy HACKERS Movie(4.09GB) Can I copy it 1:1 with the features and stuff with out doing the above method? If I can, what tools would I need to do this 1:1 copy? Also final question, what DVD-Burner can do this, and would be recommended, and will it work on my DVD Home Player? THANKs.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

There are tons of threads in here covering DVD->DVD-R copying and this is the conclusion so far:

-if your movie is smaller than 4.36GB, use DVD Decrypter's "backup" feature which creates an UDF/ISO image and burn that image using Nero and you're done.
    -if your movie is slightly bigger, like 5.5GB, rip it to your HDD, use VOBRator to remove unnecessary audio and subtitle streams from it (like most of the DVDs have 5 audio tracks, 10 subtitle tracks, etc -- by removing those you free some space) and create new IFOs for the movie using IFOEdit and burn the VIDEO_TS directory using Nero's UDF/ISO DVD-R format.

Doom9 has some nice guides, visit them.