1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R 4x info has disappeared...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by chewa, Sep 10, 2004.

1. chewa

chewa Member

I have a lot´s of DVD-R 4x seen a couple of times...suddenly no way to watch them and seems no data on it...horror.
    I´m writing in this forum as you are experts !! and I need please the expertice help...
    There are no visible things on the surface of any disk...
    I´m scared

THANK YOU FOR HELP

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Sure you havn't got your discs mixed up? Data doesn't simply dissapear, despite what you might hear. What are you playing back on?

3. chewa

chewa Member

it´s some family movies back up from a M-DVC (I aint no more) and also some TV movies.

4. bigfoot30

bigfoot30 Member

chewa
    What brand media are you using? Do the disks play on your pc and or stand alone? I've had problems in the past of movies I've burned that played perfectly right after burning and then were crap after a month or so. Turned out to be poor media

5. chewa

chewa Member

I guess the mediamanufacturer is one of this three Skymedia, Optodisc or MJC...but at the end, from your opinion saying bad media...does the information disolve on the dye of the disk?..Are no way, programs or whatever to rescue the data?
    I heard als something about the actulising of windows codecs that suddenly blocks the media..but I can not watch the disks on a HomeDVD player...
    Any hope for me ???
    thank´s

6. negatyve

negatyve Member

chewa...data can be lost on bad media from temperature fluxuation and things of that nature. Do you store your dvd's in really humid or dry places? Do you store your dvd's in very hot or cold places? Good media is pretty resilliant to temp/humidity flux...but bad media on the other hand will lose data.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia has a list of media and reviews of it by manufacturer/model number. Manufactuers on the label aren't ussually the manufacturers of the media and ussually buy from the real manufactuerer and repackage, the model number will ussually distiguish between what's good and bad from the same brand.

7. chewa

chewa Member

..not extreme conditions. No direct sunnlight, no more than 30 ºC, and normal humidity...

Do you ever heard of ways of rescueing the data of supposed bad media?..and the Windows codec´s?

thank´s for the help