1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-r and +R format question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Pony321, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Trying to decide on which type of Ritek blank DVD media to purchase next is a rather confusing issue. Just as I make a decision on +R or-R I then read articles that change my decision. -R is more compatable with older DVD machines and +R is more advanced. Both formats work well in my Harmon Kardon but not so well in others. I read an article where -R will become the dominate format however I read another article stating that in a few years that the +R -R formats will be compatable with all newly manufactured DVD players. What do others think about this?

BTW has anybody purchased from this company?

http://www.blank-cd-cdr.com/index.html

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

Load of bullshit...

for one +, - DOES NOT DEPICT THE QUALITY... secondly yes there are issues with some machines or drives liking one format or another but that does not mean that the meduim it will not accept is of lesser quality. Setop DVD players in general seem to like the - format a little better but that doesnt mean they wont take +'s either... my rca dvd player will take dvd +r/rw and dvd -r/rw but so far ive only got to test -r's and +rw's on it both have worked great. A good peice of advice is to research all your hardware that will be using these media and see which in general is the best accepted format (- or +)

3. carlosKoR

carlosKoR Member

Im kind of confused too, I bought dvd+r discs thinking that u can erase them or rewritem in them as well, i bought a 25 pack, but i made a mistake in "2" of them , and went i tryed to erase them or rewrite, it toldme that those discs are not.......can u guys helpme to choose wich ones to buy, thx in advance:)

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If you want rewritable dvd's you have to buy either dvd-rw's or dvd+rw's.