1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +R backup copy freezes during playing, why?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ltabron, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ltabron

ltabron Member

You guys have probably seen this question asked a thousand times, but since I am asking it, you can guess that I am new to this. The DVD +R backup copy freezes during playing half way thru movie, why? I can play it on my pc with my DVD writer/player just fine. Is it because it supports any media type DVD +R or DVD -R. I have a generic player for my television. I only paid 30 bucks for it after rebate. Nexxtech DP3222. I sometimes use DVD +Rs or DVD -Rs. The DP3222 is suppose to play both media types. The brand I used for backup was AZO. I didn't pay a lot for those.

2. ltabron

ltabron Member

I am a newcomer so apologize and this was my first post. I apologize for not doing a search first, because after doing my search this issue is well documented. FYI the issue was resolved by using a slower burn rate of 4x and I still used the same DVD media. I had DVDFree43 running in the background. I used DVD Shrink with a "Disk Copy" function off of the menu to send the files to a temporary folder at C:\Video_TS and then directly to my DVD writer. The playback was flawless. I had always left burn rate at the default setting in DVD shrink at MAXIMUM, but I had been using a more expensive media before.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005