1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R BACKUPS ON THE V7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Gx-9900, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

I keep reading about difficulties people have with running dvd-r backups on version 7s with the magic 3 and 3.1. I don't have my chip in yet, but will soon enough. What is the cause of all these problems. I'm gonna use the clip kit. Is that unreliable or something? I thought it was compatible. Everything I've read says its compatible. So why is everyone having trouble?

2. dmklap

dmklap Member

I have a PS2 v7. I installed a "real" magic 3.1 mod without the clip set and it is working perfectly it boots everything (org. Ps2, org.PS1, burnt cd"s, Burnt cdrw"s, burnt dvd-r, burnt dvd+r, burnt dvd-rw, burnt dvd+rw and org. and burnt dvd movies) I have very little soldering experiece. (I modded a PS1 Once) I just took my time and worked very very slowly checking and rechecking all of my solder points making sure the wires where soldered securely and that there where not any jump points. I have come to believe that the people who are having problems are either messing up there install or not useing a real magic 3.1. But, that is only my opinion.

3. dmklap

dmklap Member

Also if you are absolutely sure you did everything right and you still can not boot your dvd r media, go to modchip. ca and download there install zip file for your version PS2. In that file you will find instructions on how to change one connection point and that should take care of the problem.

4. jr_

jr_ Guest

Problems are usually:
    1. Inexperience soldering to surface mounted components or even soldering.
    2 Don't have the correct tools
    3. DVD burners or software not working correctly
    4. Problem with Magic 3.0 design. Freezing
    5. Using clips. Hard to get it positioned and just a little bump on the PS2 can dislodge it.

If you purchased a clip. Start by tossing it in the trash.

If you know how it's simple.
    They just don't realize that this is not like replacing the water pump on mama's station wagon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2003
  5. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

Actually I got my clip on now and it all works good. ONly thing that Was a problem wasthe bga board. Tossed that and did those 4 wires myself.