1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R burned on ASUS DVP402P won't play on player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by andywarb, Feb 19, 2004.

1. andywarb

andywarb Member

I used to own an Optorite DD0401 and burned some DVD-R's which played OK on my Schneider HCS500 DVD player. However the Optorite burned disks that were always corrupted after the first two thirds of the movie, so I sent it back and got a replacement ASUS DRW-0402P/D which burns DVD-R's which will play on my computer but not on my player!

I've tried different brands of disks at different speeds.

Is there anything I can do other than trying DVD+R's or buying a new DVD player?

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sounds like you need a new player if you've tried different media, but trying +R's sounds like a good first step.

3. andywarb

andywarb Member

I tried using different software (RecordNow which came with the writer rather than Nero Express 5) and at 1x speed on a Ritek disc, and a DVD-R played fine on my player.

Not sure whether it is the software, the speed or the Ritek disc, but am pleased that I've found some combination that works!

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well many have good luck with Ritek, that's all I use. The G03's are 2X and G04's are 4X, With a program like DVDInfo Pro (free) you will be able to identify who really makes the media (some Verbatims for one, are RitekG03's). Unless you have some older Ritek's you should be able to record them at the proper speed.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com/