Discussion in 'PS2' started by thelast50, May 5, 2007.
How much is the average cost of a DVD-r burner.
And how much is it to have someone install it.
2000 indian rs
Goto zipzoomfly.com or newegg.com both have drives cheap. You shouldn't have to spend more than $40 for a good drive. I just bought one about 6 months ago for $35 that reads and writes to all formats including DVD +/- DL and DVD-RAM it is a Lite-On not junk.
And why pay someone to install it.
1) shut down computer. Unplug computer from wall outlet.
2) Ground yourself for static. Or simply touch something metal
3) open case.
4) locate open slot or remove old cd/dvd drive. Should only be 2 or 3
cables. In most cases 2. And a couple screws on the sides.
5) insert dvd burner in open slot.
6) reconnect cables. Remount with srews.
7) close case.
8) power up computer and enjoy your new drive.
to add to that remember to set the pin on back correctly to master or slave. same as the drive you are taking out.
yeah burners are between 30 and 40 dollars or the higher end like Plextor run 80 to 100 dollars
Thanks forgot that part. One of those things you do a million times, but slips your mind when telling someone how-to
lol yes i have changed countless drives and have forgot to set the pin correctly several times then have to pull it out a get it right
Separate names with a comma.