1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD -R Burning .img files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Ampz, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Ampz

Ampz Member

Basically I'm not a noobie. I did alot of burning by backing up old DvDs to new disks in case the origionals got damaged etc. But now when it's time to burn something from my HD onto a DvD im totally lost. I have an .img file thats about 4 gigs and when I burn it to DvD my DvD player on my TV can't play that type of DvD. I'm not looking to get into it as far as people ask me, "Which type of files does your DvD player actually play"? I just want to convert the format to whatever is standard and sold in stores because those types play on mostly any DvD player. If anyone has any way of directing me this was I would greatly appricate it. All I did was burn the .img to a DvD using nero and no other programs. Please help if you can! Ty

2. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

I'm not quite sure what your problem is, it could be one of 2 things.

1. Your player only supports certain kinds of dvd formats
    ----> DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, or DVD+R?

If this is the case, there is no way around it. Good news is that you can buy a new DVD player at your local WalMart for a max of $50.

2. Your image file (img) is in PAL (european format),and not your NTSF format that most of us around prefer, due to not all electronics around this neck of the woods not supporting PAL.

If this is the case, your in luck.

You can convert the movie into avi, then convert it into a mpeg-2 file, then use a program such as TMPGENC DVD Author and convert the mpeg-2 into VOB file.

Its really not as complicated as it seems.

If #2 is the problem you're having, let me know, I'll help you through the steps of converting or you can find a ever so helpful guide from this website.

Let me know

Hope this helped :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. MetalCup

MetalCup Member

You are doing it the wrong way.
    I dont think Nero can burn .img files.
    Try DVD decryptor
    or Magic ISO