1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r burning to dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by m_d_h, Jan 11, 2008.

1. m_d_h

m_d_h Member

Hi i was just trying to burn some material that was on a dvd-r disc onto a dvd+r disc with nero, and it came up with the an error, saying, "not enough space on disc" but there should have been because i only had like 2.5 gigs of stuff on the dvd-r, and the dvd+r discs can hold up to 4.7 gigs...

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Does the disc you are copying have protection on it?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

were you useing 1:1 copy or dragging files over? may want to booktype that +R to dvdrom aswell.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. m_d_h

m_d_h Member

Can u guys recommend me a good free burning software besides nero...And no the disc wasnt protected. I tried it again for some reason and it worked today,(weird)

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

6. m_d_h

m_d_h Member

hey I was trying to burn a dvd (not protected) and it came up with the error "cyclic redundancy" what does that mean? It happened near the end at 99% completion. So i jsut exited removed disc and the disc works, but wit a few lil defects here and there, not many tho....?

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

The CRC error is normally due because dirty, scratched discs. In your case, because is a copy of a Copy, it is possible that the Copy was a bad burn. You can have a bad burn, the disc will play, but have problems while trying to rip it.

8. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

m_d_h:

If your just looking to make 1:1 copies, than go with CloneCD or CloneDVD, they'll get the job done nicely and are more robust than Nero, while being very simple to use.

As Cyprus already mentioned CRC means the media (disc) is dirty, scratched or wasn't burned correctl/unreadable. You might have copied it to cheap media, the original disc might have been dirty/scratched or you might have burned it too fast a speed..

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

DVD Decrypter is pretty good at ripping some damaged discs in ISO mode. Set it to ignore read errors.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I had Imgburn rip a badly scratched up disc a couple weeks ago. Dvd decrypter's Bruteforce and dvd shrink all crc'd out at the very beginning. Imgburn chugged right through that damaged sector.My hat's off to LightningUK!!!!

[bold]It happened near the end at 99% completion[/bold]

If it was a backup disc that you tried to re-rip,then most likely that disc your are ripping,was burned to the very outer of the edge. Reduce the backup size on your 1st rips to 4360-4370 mbs,lower if you're using crap media. Burning the edge can give issues,especially when you want to re-rip them later on. Quality media also helps out on the 1st backup.

If it was an original dvd,then clean it up.Toothpaste,Carwax are a couple ways people's used. If still problem,take it to a major dvd rental store-one that has the powerful disc scratching buffers.

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Agree, try setting burn to 4630 mbs using ImgBurn. It will plow through some rougher disc conditions. Although, Decrypter does a pretty mean job too.

12. m_d_h

m_d_h Member

Thanls guys, i appreciate your help a lot...

13. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

HMM...I think you meant 4360MB.

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i go 4300 meg