1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +R burns but then shows blank

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gmmex, Apr 10, 2005.

1. gmmex

gmmex Member

Hi, I have a small problem.
    I can burn my movies onto DVD +RW media and they play fine, but when I do the same to a DVD +R disc, Nero does the whole thing, tells me the burn was successful, but then the disc won't play and shows up as blank.
    I am confused and have tried 2 brands of disc. Can anybody offer advice on what may be the problem here?
    I am using a HP system, Nero 6 and have no problem burning +RW.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Need more info. What brand of media are you using? What is the model # of your burner? Post your nero log.

3. zapman132

zapman132 Member

I too am having the same problems with Nero 5&6, (Bad file errors, Disc wont finalize, A complete burn and blank disc afterwards) Now, this very well could be the key to solving this problem, if the right person or persons reads this thread. After many attempts using Nero5 to burn +Rs with no success, I decided to stop wasting disc, so, I tried using a +RW and then -R and they both worked. On a hunch I decided to re-install Nero6, but this time, clean my system of all Nero files using, Nero General Cleaning Tool, someone had mentioned this to me in another thread. After re-installing N6 I decided to try a +R one more time and again no luck. So I popped in a -R and to my surprise it burnt just fine, as matter of fact, I have made six backup copies without errors. Can anyone out there tell us how we can config Nero6 to burn DVD +Rs again? [bold]Scuba Pete[/bold] are you out there somewhere? Please read, I know you can figure this out.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Post your nero log for the unsuccessful burn. What brand of media are you using? If you have InCD installed, uninstall it.

5. khmernize

khmernize Member

i have nero 6.6 and i use the comp usa brand dvd +r 4x. I have a plextor dvd burner. When i burn songs into my dvd, some shows and some disappear.

6. zapman132

zapman132 Member

I'm using Memorex and Sony right now. InCD is there and was there before and after the problem. My burner is Pioneer DVR-106. [bold]gmmex[/bold] have you tried burning a -R?

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

InCD is known to cause problems,(even nero admits this on their site) so if you insist on assuming this is not the cause of your problem(you can always reinstall it if it's not the problem) that is up to you. Memorex is the most inconsistant media out there. There are many manufacturers that make media for them(getting cmc mag crap is a possibility) and none of them are really that good. [bold]Post your nero log[/bold]

8. zapman132

zapman132 Member

Why the disc? Ive used some of the cheapest disc I could find when I first started backing up my movies a few years a go. They never gave me a probems then so, why now? that's all I'm asking. I'm not purposely trying to disput you, I truly respect your advice. Working on that log...