1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R - different types??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by gray916, Oct 25, 2004.

1. gray916

gray916 Guest

Hi,

im a total novice at this and i tried to copy one of my DVD's using DVD shrink. When i clicked burn, i was basically told that the DVD's i had cant have videos on them?? Is that possible.

the thing that drove me to buy the dvd's i bought was rthe price, £7.99 for 25.

are there dvd-r's that can only burn data or will most of em let me copy my dvd's???

cheers

gray

2. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

well they should do both i thinkk they all do...make sure u have format right. i.e if u have a dvd-r drive only u can only use dvd-r, if u have a dvd+/- then u can use both...and vicec versa for dvd+r

3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

4. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

Gray,

What did you buy?

5. gray916

gray916 Guest

Hi,

ive actually got it sorted now, it was just my lack of ability to work a computer.....

cheers anyway.

I have got another problem now though. My dvds (even origionals) wont play sound!!!! I have got DVD shirnk and DVD decypter, im not sure this has anything to do with it, but im not sure what to do. There aint no point having DVDs if i cant listen to em eh????

cheers

gray