1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R Disc Error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by weber3, Feb 16, 2005.

1. weber3

weber3 Member

When I try to play DVD+R's in my standalone DVD player, I keep getting the 'Disc Error' message. My DVD burner is a Liteon 1633s BSOS and I use Nero Recode 2 to burn the DVD's. I've tried changing the booktype to DVD-Rom, and I still get the error. I know the DVD burned b/c it plays in my DVD-Rom drive, but I am lost as to why it won't play in my standalone DVD player. My DVD+R's brand is Memorex 8x. Could someone please help me?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah it is more than likely that your stand alone DVD player dosent like those disks. Either the Brand or the +. Have you tried going to the website of the company that makes your DVD player and see what media they suggest you use or is compatable with your player.

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

BBMAYO your right as always thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2005
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ CKY_2084

Change the sig - I don't want that gif all over the forums.

5. weber3

weber3 Member

I checked videohelp.com, and it says my Toshiba SDK615 is compatible with DVD+Rs. Also, today I burned a DVD-R, which is also made by Memorex (CMC), and that seemed to work fine. But I bought a 30 pack spindle of DVD+Rs, and I'd really like to get them to work. Any help?

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It is the media, not your settings and not your burner. Today has been the day for this problem. :)

I've mentioned many times today that two previous media I used to use, (a long time ago!!!) will not play in 2 of my 5 players, one being a Laptop DVD-Rom drive and the other one of my PC DVD-Rom drives. The media was Memorex DVD-R 4x which is ProsdiscS03 and the other was PRINCO, garbage from CompUSA. If you try a different media such as Sony, TY, etc. I am sure you will not have problems again. Give it a try and let us know. :)

7. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

I just checked VideoHelp.com for the Toshiba SDK615 and there is a comment that it does not support DVD+R. I have had a few Toshiba DVD players and found that they prefer DVD-Rs. Can your Lite-on burner be made to change the book type of +R's? this may help the Toshiba read the discs, but in future stick with -Rs for the Toshiba..

8. weber3

weber3 Member

Today I burned a successful DVD+R Memorex 8x. I changed the booktype to DVD-Rom, and slowed the burn speed down to 4x, and it works in my Toshiba DVD player. Thanks for all the help.

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

weber3

Before...

After...

Thanks for letting us know the fix. :)