1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R DISCS THAT WILL RECORD ON LITE-ON LVW-5005

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by kingjim, Feb 16, 2007.

1. kingjim

kingjim Member

Hi,can anyone who has a Lite-on Lvw-5oo5 tell me any good Dvd-r discs that will record on it.For two years I've been using 4xRITEK GO4 Printable Dvd-r with no problems but now I cannot find them in the U.K. I read that DATAWRITE 8x4.7gb Dvd-r Media code TTGO2 would work on it,bought 50 spindle and discs would not read at all.Tried e-mailing LITE-ON surprise,surprise no reply,looked at the discs they recommended on their website and none of them seem to be available anymore.I would really appreciate any help as I am down to my last few RITEKS,thanks

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I have used mostly Verbatim +R, +RW and -R disks, in my opinion.
    the Verbatim are very good disks.
    However I have also used many differenf brands and so far have had no proplems
    When the DVD drives started to go bad, it was not the disks and both 5005 have replacement PC drives
    As to the recomended disks I have never paid any attention to them muck as liteon pays to anyone trying to contact them

3. kingjim

kingjim Member

Thanks LCSHG it maybe the drive that's going but it's annoying when the RITEK 4XGO4 works perfectly but I can't get them anymore has anyone tried the RITEK 8XGO5 on their LITE-ON 5005 and had them working?