1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R disks and the Toshiba SD-R2102 drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sureshr, Oct 18, 2004.

1. sureshr

sureshr Member

Hi,
    My friend had given me a DVD+R disk that was readable on the Toshiba SD-R2102 drive on my laptop. So I went ahead and bought a Plextor 504 UF DVD+R writer. But none of the DVDs I created were recognized by Toshiba SD-R2102.

I contacted Toshiba Support, Plextor, and Compaq (the laptop manufacturer). All of them said that this DVD drive does not support DVD+R.

How is it able to recognize the DVD my friend gave me? He said he had not done anything special while burning the disk. He has a Pioneer DVD burner.

Is there anything I can do to make the disks readable? I cannot return the drive since I bought it over 2 months ago and have been trying to figure out a way with (obviously) no success. Sigh!

Please, please advise me on what I can do.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

2. sureshr

sureshr Member

Oh yes. I forgot to mention. I tried finalizing the disk but that didn't help either.

Oddly enough, it works on my standalone DVD player, but not on my laptop. I have heard of queries where disks are unplayable on stand-alone drives, but well... guess I'm lucky!

Thx,
    Suresh