1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R DL write error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rlschneck, Apr 20, 2005.

1. rlschneck

rlschneck Guest

Hello,

First time poster, I hope this is not a stupid question. I got a plextor px716a dual-layer burner, and some ridata dl discs. Two of the discs (so far) out of 15 have been ruined due to errors at the beginning of the burning process, or so it would seem. One such error said "power calibration area is full," then the disc ejects. I can put the disc back in and the program (Roxio Disc Copier) still recognizes it as a Blank DVD+R Dual Layer disc, but it just gives me an error again--sometimes a different error.

Anybody know if this is the media, the software, or the hardware?

2. rlschneck

rlschneck Guest

Hello again,

here are some of the other errors that roxio reports when the disc fails to burn:

D: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A("Seek, synch, ATIP or mechanical positioning error - Medium Error." [03/02/00])

D: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A("Invalid field in CDB - Illegal request." [05/24/00])

if anyone could help me to identify the culprit (media, software, hardware) i would really appreciate it!

by the way i use clonedvd2 to rip .iso files then i use roxio to burn, because i'm not sure that clonedvd2 knows how to burn DL discs.

3. rlschneck

rlschneck Guest

(oh, and anydvd running in the background)

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

bbmayo explains power calibration errors in his first post in the "Newbies" link in my sig.