1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r/dvd+r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bracken, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Bracken

Bracken Guest

Sup guys, whats the diff between dvd-r and dvd +r. Im abou to buy a dvd burner that is dvd-r. Will that be ok for ps2 games or does it need to be dvd+r.

Cheers.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Buy a dual format burner so you can burn both....they are cheap enough now - Pioneer 106 £100 in the UK - at http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

Alot of people have issues with +r media, I myself have a dual format burner but only backup my games to -r......

Others may disagree, but this is the way I use and it works for me.....

Hope this helps....._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  3. Bracken

Bracken Guest

Cheers for the help dude, but here is the problem...im in australia. 100 pounds is about $350. but i can get a dvd burned that does dvd-r for like $200. If all i need is dvd-r i can save like $150 and go get smashed after the grand final (go penrith)

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If you are tight on funds then go with the - it is compatible with ALL PS2 versions and 99% DVD Players. Good Luck.

5. Bracken

Bracken Guest

Cheers mate.