1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r dvd+rw movie burns on one but not the other

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by nascards, Sep 18, 2004.

1. nascards

nascards Member

I just tried to burn the transporter using dvd shrink / dvd decrypter I was able to burn the movie using a memorex DVD+RW 4x the tried to burn the same file and I get error message I/o error device sony dvd rw dru530a scsi status 0x02 interpretation: check condition
    cdb:2a 00 00 14 e3 e0 00 00 20 00
    interpretation: write 10 - sectors 1369056 -1369087
    sense area:70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 09
    invalid field
    any ideas why ????

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What media are you using?

3. nascards

nascards Member

one is dvd+rw the other dvd-r both are memorex
    4.7 gb 4x. sorry about not all of the info being on my 1st post mind must have been wandering.just thought it was odd that I was able to burn it on dvd+rw and not dvd-r.tried it again with the same results. any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Memorex has a history of failed burns. try verbatim, Ritek, or Ridata.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Memorex ought to be outlawed. Seems like 90% of the people haveing rip/burn problems are useing memorex media. I had to learn the hard way as well.

6. nascards

nascards Member

ok thanks.still confused though just does not make sense same brand just +rw / -r ?????

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You could try uninstalling any packet writing software such as Nero's Incd, you'd be surprised that the problems they cause.

8. nascards

nascards Member

the only writing software I have is Recordnow ,dvd shrink and dvd decrypter no other just started about a year ago burning movies using a sony dru-530a. was using dvd xcopy express but no longer love shrink and decrypter very user friendly plus I like all of the extras where dvdxcopy {wal-mart version} only does the movie and nothing else. but back to the subject I have never been successful with burning a movie with dvd-r and really not with dvd+r either choppy in spots on some movies, but using dvd+rw successful everytime no chops or anything perfect burn everytime.was using sony media but went to memorex same results with sony as memorex and the memorex are cheaper so that is what I use. I also buy them in the 5 pack not in bulk.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The problem with memorex is you never know from one batch to another who actually made it. One batch may be media code cmc magnetics (which I have had no luck with at all) and the next batch may be ricohjpn (which I love). Here is a good media guide. http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm I would suggest buying a sample pack and stick with one that works well for you. Look here http://www.meritline.com/
    Once you find some media that works well here is another place to get good media at good prices. http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004