1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R for MP3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by s2god, Jan 8, 2005.

1. s2god

s2god Regular member

Is it possible to put MP3 files on a dvd+r so it plays on a cd player or stereo system. I heard you can put like 150 songs, but is this really true?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you can fit more like 800 to 1000 mp3s on a dvd, it depends on size and compression. you can only play back mp3 CDs or DVDs on players that are designed to play them. Most newer DVD Players have mp3 codecs built in. Check your player first, but regular audio CD players can't play them.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

[bold]A DVD wont play on a CD player![/bold] Yes, you can fit many MP3s on a CD (or DVD) because they are usually only a few Mega Bytes (MB) large (CDs can store up to 700 MB). So think if your MP3s are realy high quality they could all be around 7MB large. If your MP3s are all 7MB large then you would be able to put almost 100 MP3s onto a single CD-R/RW disc (As a Data-CD or MP3-CD)!

Now, if you where creating an Audio-CD from some MP3s you would have to look at how long the songs where when they are uncompressed because when you create an Audio-CD you are going from lossy compressed MP3 to uncompressed 16-bit PCM. This is so CD players can play them. Regular CD players cant play MP3s unless it (the manual, box, or playr its self) says that it can. No! CD players can't play DVDs but most DVD players can play CDs. Also, allot of DVD players won't recognize MP3s on DVD-R/RW (or DVD+R/RW) discs.

That was probably more than you wanted to know,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  4. s2god

s2god Regular member

ya that was more then needed but thnx anyway. i still got wat i needed to know.