1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd +r froze in dvd player #'s skipping

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cbjargon, Feb 12, 2005.

1. cbjargon

cbjargon Member

i got new tdk dvd + R and i have a buslink dvd -+R/w Burner and using this roxio software that came with the burner and burned it on 2.4x that was the only speed it listed. I got 4 mpeg movies on 1 disc and it burned and i was able to play it in my dvd player connected to tv but i noticed u cant fastforward the movies it's like its disabled. The first movie played ok but the 2,3,4 movies did play for the first 2min and then i noticed that it just paused (froze up) and i looked at the counter on the dvd player display and the playback numbers was skipping ie: 2.00 2.43, 3.23, 4.12 etc. do i use another burning software i do have nero 6. what else does anybody suggest?

cbjargon@yahoo.com

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

I would uninstall Roxio and use Nero, but that's my own opinion.
    How big are these movies?
    Compression may be high so this can lead to horrible play back issues.
    Are you using DVD Shrink?

3. cbjargon

cbjargon Member

they are 2 900mb and 2 600mb movies and using tdk dvd+r and nero 6

dvd shrink- well i did install it but it's only reading from hard drive c and i have avi's on 8 discs and it fails to read em and what i was wanting to do was to find a full version program encode them 2 mpeg 2 save them on hard drive and burn all at once to dvd + r and play them on dvd player (not pc)

4. clifton51

clifton51 Member

Try DVD Lab Pro

5. 9932sens

9932sens Guest

CHANGE YOUR MEDIA. I WAS USING MEMOREX DVD +R AND NO MORE THE MOVIES FROZE ALL THE TIME ONE HOUR OR SO IN THE MOVIE. I CHANGE IT FOR VCI MEDIA IT'S A CANADIAN BRAND. THE COMPANY SELLS JVC STUFF. SO PROBABLY THE MEDIA IS FROM JVC. I DID NOT HAD PROBLEMS NO MORE WITH MOVIES.
    SOMETIMES THE INK THEY USE ON THE BACK IS NO GOOD