1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by southpaws, May 26, 2004.

1. southpaws

southpaws Guest

I have dvd+r discs and a dvd-rom/cd-rw drive and it wont read the discs. Is there any way that the drive can read the discs with out having to buy a new drive?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What's on the dvd+r? Are you able to read it on other computers? The only time I'm not able to read a disk is when the disk is burned wrong (a coaster).

3. southpaws

southpaws Guest

I bought a stack of the TDK DVD+R 4x 4.7Gb. I have tried it on a Sony PCG-V505BX notebook and a Sony Vaio Desktop 2.67GHz 256mb ram whatever with a DVD+/- RW drive and it wont read it either. The discs are all blank.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

??????

Are you saying neither PC will read discs with data burned to them or neither PC will recognize empty discs?

5. flip218

Need to be more specific. There is nothing to read if they are blank.

Question: What are you trying to do with your blank discs? data backup, dvd backup, etc...?

6. southpaws

southpaws Guest

I'm only trying to put a movie, that I created on it but my disc drive won't recognize the disc. It continuously loads and when I try to add files the windows wizard for copying files to the disc returns the error that I need to insert an empty disc.

7. flip218

Are you running XP? If so, windows has an integrated cd burning program. CD program. If your using the wizard it won't work. You'll have to get a dvd burning program. This is why it's not recognizing, the wizard looks for cd's not dvd's.

8. southpaws

southpaws Guest

that is exactly what is happening. Do you know of a program that I could use?

9. flip218

Nero is a good program. I don't know offhand of free ones.

10. southpaws

southpaws Guest

with that part done,I was wondering if there was a software that would allow my lesser disc drive to recognize the dvd+r's rather than buy a whole new drive. Is that possible?

11. flip218

What do you mean? lesser drive. What kind of burner do you have? is it a +r or -r or dual format?

12. southpaws

southpaws Guest

I'm talking about the drive that says dvd-rom/cdrw as opposed to dvd+-rw/cdrw. Is there a program I can download to make the dvd-rom drive read dvd+r.

13. southpaws

southpaws Guest

I'm talking about the drive that says dvd-rom/cdrw as opposed to dvd+-rw/cdrw. Is there a program I can download to make the dvd-rom drive read dvd+r.

14. southpaws

southpaws Guest

15. flip218

If a dvd+r(rw), dvd-r(rw) is burned properly most dvd-roms will read them. Quick question you said dvd/cdrw. Are they on the same ide cable? Sometimes 2 burners on the same cable can cause burning problems. If so put your dvd/cdrw as a slave on another ide cable.

16. southpaws

southpaws Guest

what does that mean? That drive is a two in one on a desktop and the dvd-rom drive is a two in one dvd/cd on a notebook pc

17. flip218

sorry mis-understood. So, if it's burned properly most dvd-roms will read it. What kind of dvd/cdrw is it?

18. southpaws

southpaws Guest

sony DW-U12A

19. southpaws

southpaws Guest

20. flip218