1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R inkjet printable to the hub?Who makes the best?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kentucky1, Apr 22, 2005.

1. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

Hello Prodisc makes a DVD+R disc thats printable to the hub....is there a better quality disc that appears exactly the same?I like TY but they dont offer the same style hub.Any help is appreciated!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I have 3 different 'types' of TY printable discs. One is hub printable (white surface) and 2 are not (one has a white surface the other a silver surface -for a 3d'ish effect). If you are in the US use supermediastore.com or Rima.com

3. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

thanks and two more questions
    Which works on more dvd players
    + or - media?
    Ate these TY's worth twice what the prodics cost?
    thanks again

4. binkie7

On newer DVD models +/- should work. I mainly use -r cause I lend my backups out alot and they are more compatable due to everyone has different models, years etc. What kind of stand alone(s) do you have? I have used Prodisc (printable and non printable) and I definitely prefer TY. The few cents more per disc is worth it in the long run.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

6. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Mort81 is having trouble with his prodiscs Full-hub printable + media on his lite-on burner. We both love the verbatim +8x full hub printable, MFG code: Mcc-003.

I just started using printable media several weeks ago,and these verbs are super.

I have found that each burner is different. Take my main pc with the benq 1620. It has the capability of book-typing the plus format media and making them into Dvd-rom. I've only found 1 ps2 that won't play those backups from my benq.That's a lot of stand alones/ps2's/and pc drives that those backups go into. Now on my dash format,my own pc drives and stand alones have no problem. I do on several other stand alones,like my father's so I will tend to stay away from them.
    Take my last burner: I/O Magic 16x. It had the booktyping for dvd rom and the plus format purely sucked from those backups. The dash format far succeeded the plus format,even after booktyping them.My second benq took care of that compatability issue,so I don't have to worry about which buddy/family member get's which backup from which burner.Total compatability.

I would like to get some + ty full hub printables in the future.

8. eric545

eric545 Regular member

kentucky1

I would like to weigh in with the following. My Printer is the Epson R300. I have used Dupsonic 8x White InkJet Printable, PowerMatrix 8x White InkJet Printable, and I have recently (Yesterday) ordered 500 High-Speed™ 8X DVD-R (DVDR) 4.7GB White Inkjet Hub Printable Blank. I purchase all my blank media from Allmediaoutlet:

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allmedia/index.jsp the specific link

for their White Inkjet Hub Printable Media (all brands) is:

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allmedia/dvd-r-printable-subcat-35.htm

BTW: To purchase 500 of the High-Speed 8x cost: $130.00

Although the brands I use are considered Off Brands, I have had very go luck with them. I am running two Plextor PX-716SA (Serial ATA) DVD Burners, and I use DVD Decrypter, then DVD Shrink then Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 (Disc Copier).

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Eric545, what mfg codes are you getting off those dupsonic and power matrix discs?

Did you try running them through kprobe/nero speed test/ or dvdinfopro on the PIE/PIF scan?

Here's one of my verbatim Full Hub printable +8x,burned at 4x:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  10. eric545

eric545 Regular member

saugmon

I have no idea what the codes for those disc's are. I have never bothered to check the disc brand/name using any software. The three brands that I quoted are the only brands that I have use in the last year or so. Before going with the Plextor burners (about 4 months ago), I made my fair share of coasters however; since going with the SATA Plextor PX-716SA burners my days of making coaster are all but gone. If memory severs me correct, in the last 3 or 4 hundred backup copies that I've made, I only created one (1) coaster.

I purchase all my blanks from the following site:

http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allmedia/dvd-r-printable-subcat-35.htm

I usually buy the cheapest which on the day that I made my last purchase was .26 each for 500.

11. eric545

eric545 Regular member

saugmon

Better said, I have no idea what the mfg codes for those blanks are.

I must have forgotten to mention, I never, ever use Nero. I only use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. In the dim and distant past, I did use earlier versions of Nero however; after getting my hands on Roxio 7, I removed Nero from my computer, and I will never return to Nero. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of Nero!

12. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

They don't look like full hub printable to me. And they are also dash.

Here's my latest backup of Meet the Fockers, the one on top is original and the one on bottom is my full-hub printable verbatim data life plus +8x, Mcc-003. The pictures for my personal copy were downloaded from coversto.com:
    [​IMG]

The darker disc covers are looking better than the lighter ones,hopefully my next ink cartidges will take care of that.

14. binkie7

Kentucky1
    Yes it looks like the picture is wrong. You may just want to check w/ Meritline to be sure. Hub printable will look like the 16x TY's they have advertised.

15. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

i will give them a call!
    thanks again

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Yes and yes. I love the verbatum datalifeplus hub printable media. They even scan out better than my TY printables. I got mine from meritline. My litey hates the prodiscs. PIF spikes are terrible. I have a benq dw1620 on order, hopefully the benq will like the prodiscs better.

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Howdy saugmon,

That is what I was supposed to get but they sent me some that are printable but not clear to the hub, ya know like the stick on labels. I think the code # of the ones they sent was 1735. I ordered code #1734. I'll still use em someday when I run out of verbatums. Rima is where I got em from. Later.

19. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Thanks mort, guess I'll stick with those verbs. Let me know when you get that new benq.

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'll do. It should be here tuesday.