1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R media not recognized

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by thomulus, Apr 23, 2007.

1. thomulus

thomulus Guest

I've been a member for a couple of years and have always been able to answer my questions by refering to forum threads buut can't find anything to help...my problem is I have a newly aquired Toshiba laptop with a CDRW/DVDRom and I can't get any of the back-ups a made bon my desktop to play. i keep getting a ..."formatting not compatle with Windows" error message. I know my DVD+R are finalized and I used DVD decrypter/shrink and a combo of Nero and Pinnacle studios burning software. I used a the Nero Infotool and I noticed the DVD+R box is the only one unchecked on supported read features. Is ther anyway to make it so my CDRW/DVDrom drive will read DVD+R? any advice? I'd love to be able to play my DVD+R backup movies.

2. david66

david66 Regular member

your drive will not play +r you have to use -R dvds is this a new laptop? all new laptops play both +r and -r it order to play +r you will need to replace the drive with one that plays + and- r

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

@thomulus,
    Sounds like david66 is on the right track. You might check to see if your f/w (firmware) is up to date for that Combo drive. But it does sound like a DVD media problem. :)

....gm