1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-/+R Media on Samsung TS552B [PS2 Backups]

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by CAR8624, Nov 17, 2004.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Recently I bought the Samsung TS552B which burns DVD+R DL [2.4x Speed], DVD+R/ DVD+RW, and DVD-R/DVD-RW. I installed the DVD Burner immediately and correctly after I got it in the mail. However there were some problems.

I am using Ritek G04, and today I tried writing an image [Grand Theft Auto: San Andres] onto it [lowest speed: 1x]. Writing in Test Mode was good. But when I tried writing it, it gives me an error: Incompatible Media!! A burner that does not accept Ritek G04?

Also, I've heard reports/reviews/tests that states the Samsung TS552B has poor DVD-R compatibility. Here is some that were tested:

[All 1x-8x Speed unless stated otherwise] [Brandname + Manufacturer]
    Ritek G04 [Me] [Speed: 1x-4x]
    Thaxdata [Ritek G05]
    BenQ [Sony Cooperation]
    Memorex [CMC]
    MMORE [Fuji]
    Princo [Speed: 1x-4x]
    Sky Media [Plasmon Data Unlimited]
    Verbatim [Mitsubishi]

-Out of all the Media tested [according to a website], Sky Media was the closest media to have a good burnt. All have errors of either unreadable or/and incompatibility.

[bold] Is there any good DVD-R / DVD+R Media besides Ritek G04 [especially for PS2 backups]? Post especially DVD-R since some of my PS2 cannot read DVD-R. [/bold]

**NO DVD+RW / DVD-RW**

I am thinking of using of using the following:
    Ritek R04 DVD+R
    TDK DVD-R [heh I used these before LOL]

Please help!

=>CAR8624

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I belive Grand theft auto is a CD not DVD? I could be wrong. Can you Burn data onto your Ritek's (any data)?

3. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Grand Theft Auto: San Andres is a DVD5 format. I can burn any data onto Ritek. However it stops and discontinues writing. The reason is it's incompatible

=>CAR8624

4. jonnyftm

jonnyftm Member

I also bought a TS-H552B
    I ran into coasters like you, the media will burn but CD/DVD speed will hang and KProbe had too high levels.

I finally upgraded to the last TS05 firmware released a week ago. The media compatibility improved a bit, but not that much. The only media I can burn now (that even didn't burn with TS04 firmware) is verbatim MCC03 8x +R media. I burn them at 4x. Take care, the white DVDs are bad at outer edge. Get the silver ones. KProbe is now below 5-15 and CD/DVD speed curves are very smooth

Good luck
    Post your feedback please if you found other cheap good media