1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R Media question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Chastize, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Chastize

Chastize Member

I recently bought some Ritek Arita 4x DVD+R's. To back up DVDs I use DVDshrink then create and ISO using Roxio creator classic. Then burn the image to disc using DVD Builder. The problem I am having is when I select it to burn to disc and it asks me what speed.....I select 8x on my Plextor 708A and it starts to burn....it says selected burn speed 8x....actual burn speed 1x. Theres the problem and I'm trying to find out why it only burns at one time on 4x discs and 8x selected. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. Chastize

Chastize Member

3. mark666

mark666 Guest

Slowest speed for DVD+R is 2.4 speed.
    Check in device manager make sure DMA is enabled on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, this can sometimes lose its settings and slow everything down.
    Hope this helps.

4. Chastize

Chastize Member

Thanks Mark, Tried what you said but ended up with the same result. Burned at 1x while 8x is selected. The discs I got say DVD+R 4x and my plextor 708a is supposed to burn DVD+R at up to 8x. Thanks for trying though. Any more advice is appreaciated.

5. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Have you tried just at 4x and see if you get a correct burn ? also what about a different burning software. just some thoughts.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest getting rid of Roxio and using real burning software like Nero or RecordNow DX. Both are entirely better burning apps than Roxio. You would be doing yourself a favor :)

They both have full-featured trials so you can see which you like best BUT, uninstall Roxio before trying either one out because Roxio conflicts horribly with other burning apps and will screw them up if it's on your PC when you try the others. DVD Shrink is able to interface with Nero and rip, compress and burn (with Nero) all in one shot which is very cool.

I use Ritek RiDATA 4X +R's in my 708A and they burn @8X with either Nero or RecordNow DX.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro/M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004